Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Garden

This year, I really thought it would be a great idea to have a garden. There are so many great reasons for a garden (in my mind)...the amazing process of growth, showing the beauty of God's creations and of course, FRESH veggies! There's nothing like a fresh home grown tomato, right?!! So, I bought a bunch of seeds and began the quest of growing our own garden.

Emma really wanted to help pour the seeds and get the dirt on top of them. She's an official gardener with her own little gloves!

This is helper #2, unofficial, mostly interested in digging up things and dumping dirt everywhere. :-)
Here's the beginner garden. Planted on March 22.

We planted corn, beans, peas, basil, cilantro, lettuce, squash, cucumbers and onions. After getting it all planted and watered, I kinda realized that I was probably a little over-zealous on the number of items....but that happens to me when I get excited about something. I thought well, if we're going to do tomatoes (which I bought in the little pots), we might as well have some cucumbers and lettuce to go with them. And then we might as well try some beans and maybe some peas and so on, and so on... So well, we'll just see what comes up and what works and learn some valuable lessons this year!

King & Queen of the Hill of mulch!

No comments:

Post a Comment